All the devices are using their files which are located under /dev directory. Most of the devices are configured automatically during the boot up also device files to. On boot time, /sbin/ioinit.rc script will generate new device files if needed.
- List all configured devices.
# ioscan -f
- List spesific device like disk/cd-rom etc.
# ioscan -funC disk
- List all device under a path.
#ioscan -funH 0/0/1/0.0.0
- Check tape driver
# ioscan -funC tape
- Check installed Network Adapter
# ioscan -funC lan
- Show detail of device file
# lssf /dev/rmt/0mn
- Configure recently connected disk or cdrom driver
# insf -C disk
- Configure recently connected tape driver
# insf -C tape
- View all EFI Driver
#ioscan -eC disk
on from Shell prompt
Shell>map -r -fs -b
- LUN adressing for SCSI
- How to check major and minor number?
- Check major and minor number equivalent.
#lsdev |grep 134 Major Number=134 134 -1 vols vxvm Type-Perm owner-group Major Minor crw-r--r-- 1 root root 134 0x000001 Jan 2 2015 trace
- Use lssf list device file
How to create a spesific device file for a device ?
- Create a device file cd-rom for 0.3.0 path.
# insf -H 0.3.0 -e
- Create a block device which attached 2.2.0
# mksf -H 2.2.0 -b
- Create a disk device which major number 13 and minor number 0x0220012
#mknod /dev/pooldisk/disk122 c 13 0x0220012